Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Getting Rid of the Useless Stuff

The past few months for me is a lot about getting rid of the useless stuff. I have thrown away many things I have been keeping for a while and occupying much of my space. I've got so much stuff in my room, probably four times of the volume of what my roommates have combined.

For most of them, I just applied a rule: anything that I have been keeping but haven't used for at least a year, I dispose of. Magazine, old bank statements, manuals of some gadgets, some clothes, etc., all went falling down through the garbage chute. Little trinkets like souvenirs from countries I went to, from trade fairs and some odd stuff, like canisters of play-doh, my old PDA, etc. were also thrown away.

I feel a certain satisfaction on doing this and I guess it can be translated to real (personal) life in some way. Well, it wouldn't be like useless stuff to "useless people", which is pretty harsh. It would be more on habits or activities, choosing and not choosing which ones I allocate my time and money into. And it is working well for me.

Maybe, I'll drop 'blogging' too. But maybe not today.

No comments: