Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Lenses and brushes.

I attended a photography workshop last weekend with the objective that I will be able to do my camera settings in an objective, technical approach rather than "by feel", which was mostly my primary way of doing things in all my creative-led activities (like designing at work, painting, etc.)

My objective was fulfilled, but suddenly I realized something. That I am not very excited with photography that much. And that I really missed painting. I compared, and knew how much more satisfaction I get doing paintings than taking pictures.

I used to have painting sessions with different people back in Manila, but here in Dubai I don't know anyone yet who does painting as a hobby. I am thinking of attending art classes just to have a venue to paint. But then when I look up workshops; I'll be attending like four to six beginner classes with fixed topics, which is quite restricting, and I thought that this is not the practical way to start my hobby again. With the money I'll be paying, I can go to ten to twelve sessions in JamJar (a painting studio "for everyone" in Dubai, you can Google it) or just buy more materials and paint at home.

No comments: