Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Overhaul

I am moving to a new place after more than five years of stay in my rented place. That is actually some feat for an Asian bachelor expat in Dubai. Getting and staying in one place for a long time is not easy in this city as shared accomodations are not encouraged (or illegal?). But anyway, I am not delving at that, I am some way excited (with some anxiety still) on this sudden development and the changes it will make in my daily life.

Not to give a wrong idea, the place I stay now is absolutely fine. My landlady is very nice, the house is always clean, my room is spacious and the location of the building is a block away from the train station. It is a 8 of 10 I would say (a 10 would be my own studio at the thirty something floor overlooking Jumeirah beach). But the situation is my roommate needs to go to accompany his sister in another place, plus my finances are still unstable thus maintaining the room is not really reasonable.

Right now I am busy on sorting my stuff and disposing things that are not essential. Essential does not include things that I can do without eventhough they have some sentimental value, they are cool to have or I 'might' be able to use it in the future. That makes the task pretty tough but I feel good about doing it. It is mostly the same as what I feel when I was able to reduce my luggage to one hand-carry bag or a knapsack whenever I travel. Well, maybe something deeper than that.

No comments: